DATA INTEGRATION AND MANAGEMENT
A hallmark of Mission Analytics’ work is our maximal use of administrative data, especially client-level administrative data. Many of Mission Analytics’ projects are centered on the analysis of administrative data, and we maintain a team of statistical programmers and other technical personnel with expertise, led by Ph.D. researchers with substantial experience. As a result, we understand what is required to obtain and construct analysis datasets from administrative databases, as well as the strengths, weaknesses, and challenges of using these and other types of secondary data. We have substantial experience in:
- Establishing Business Associate Agreement (BAA), Data Use Agreements (DUAs) and, as needed, court orders for access and use of sensitive data;
- Ensuring secure transmission, storage, and management of data in accord with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other privacy protections;
- Helping community-based organizations submit accurate electronic data for program monitoring;
- Exact and probabilistic data matching across data sets without common identifiers; and
- Constructing analytical data files for our own analyses or those of our partners.