Mission Analytics Group, Inc. is a non-advocacy government consulting firm based in San Francisco, conducting program evaluation, analysis and technical assistance in health and human services. Our mission is to help vulnerable individuals live safe, healthy, meaningful lives in their communities. We seek smart, highly motivated, highly adaptable employees to join our 15-person company. The employee will work with an established team of researchers and analysts.
Research Assistant/Communications Specialist
We are particularly looking for someone with excellent communication and facilitation skills, creativity, and an eye for design. This position will focus on the areas of community-based long-term services and supports for individuals with physical and intellectual disabilities, individuals with mental illness, and the elderly. This includes efforts at the federal, state, and local levels to help individuals with disabilities remain in the community rather than having to enter institutions. Additional areas may include HIV/AIDS and services to low-income families and at-risk youth. The employee will work with an established team of researchers and analysts.
Example responsibilities include:
- Creating communication pieces that will be distributed to clients nationwide.
- Coordinating the publication of health, safety, and everyday life material for individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Coordinating project activities including final products and interim deliverables.
- Reading and summarizing primary research literature and state and federal statutes and regulations.
- Managing web conference platforms, such as GoToTraining or GoToMeeting.
- Managing social media accounts for clients.
- Working with web designers.
- Designing reports for print.
- Attending and possibly presenting at conferences.
- Communicating regularly by phone and by email with staff at client agencies.
- Note taking and data entry for ongoing project activities.
The position will also involve support for proposal-writing activities when Mission Analytics bids on new contracts.
- Bachelor's degree in social sciences, public policy, public health, or related fields. We are also interested in candidates with communications degrees who display strong analytical skills or have experience in public policy and/or public health.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Expertise in Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Excel.
- Flexibility and adaptability – an ability to learn quickly.
- Strong time management skills and attentiveness to deadlines.
- Prior work experience, especially in positions that required interacting with and writing for diverse audiences including government clients, individuals with disabilities, and other community members.
- Experience facilitating stakeholder meetings and building consensus in diverse groups.
- Knowledge of or experience with 508 compliance.
- Experience with graphic design or creative software (Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, etc.). Please present samples of your work, if available.
- Experience with conference platforms, such as GoToTraining or GoToMeeting.
- Experience with email marketing editors, such as MailChimp.
- Experience with website building, such as Drupal and HTML.
- Familiarity with long-term services and supports.
- Familiarity with Medicaid and other sources of public funding for health-related services.
- Familiarity with other policy areas covered by Mission Analytics projects (e.g. social services for children and youth, HIV/AIDS service delivery).
- Experience responding to requests for proposals (RFPs) from government agencies.
This is a full-time position with benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance and company 401k contributions.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to jobs@Mission-AG.com with the position name “ResearchAssistantWinter2017” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. Mission Analytics Group runs pre-hire background checks, including employment verification and searches of criminal and civil records. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin. Due to the large volume of applications, we will only contact individuals who may be considered for additional screening or possible interview.